Saturday, May 24, 2008

Yeah!!! It's raining!!!

I woke up this morning to blessed rain. It isn't often that I get excited for cloudy skies and rainy weather. I mean, after all, the kids will be in the house all day driving me and each other absolutely crazy. But at this time, we are in desperate need of moisture. I realize that a couple drops of the wet stuff isn't going to do too much to nourish the parched earth, but we'll take everything we can get. When I look out my window and see the brown grass, the cracked dirt, and dying flowers I'm thankful that we are getting a small reprieve from the scorching sun.

Okay, truth be told, I am the one getting the reprieve. This means I don't have to water my garden, my flowers might have a fighting chance, and the dead "grass" (more like weeds) is getting the attention it deserves. Oh, wonderful rain!!! Now I can go back to bed and ignore my duties.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

This year has been so weird hasn't it with the weather. I've enjoyed the cooler spring. Everything is so green and since I'm sitting on the couch so much I'm grateful "someone" else is watering the flowers and grass cuz I shor aint.