Thursday, May 29, 2008

Simple mathematics!

Here's a real kick in the pants. I learned that to gain 1 pound you have to eat 3500 more calories than you burn off in one day. On the flip side, to LOSE 1 pound you have to burn 3500 more calories than you eat in one day.

Simple math really, but I could have sworn to gain a pound it requires a sniff and to lose a pound you had to eat carrots and lettuce, workout all day, avoid all appearances of enjoying food, plug your nose whenever you saw something that might taste good, always walk everywhere you go, never sit down and stop thinking because your metabolism will shut down, sleep on the treadmill, then get off the treadmill, shower, and start your day all over again.

Who knew? All I have to do is burn 3500 more calories than I eat. Oh vey!!! I'm already behind.

2 comments:

Mueller Ohana said...

Oh I hear ya!! I've been working out 6 days a week running, cross training, strength training, etc. for 5 months and cutting my calories down to 1600/day and I have only lost 4 lbs!! I gained 2 lbs back when we went to Disneyland!! I thought our metabolism slowed down at 40!! I still have another year!!!

Rachel said...

You know what? You're going about it all the wrong way. I have been told that vegetables are builders and fruit are cleaners. So, vegetables build your weight and we don't want that. We need more fruit. Fruit cobbler......chocolate velvet cake with cherry sauce on top.........chocolate covered frozen bananas.......chocolate dipped strawberries. You just need to eat correctly darlin'