Thursday, May 1, 2008

No Dog = more work

Who knew??? I mean, here I was thinking that my life would be so much easier and have so much more time on my hands once Tasha found a new home. That is not so. What has occurred to me is how much Tasha really helped in the house cleaning department. Since she has been gone, I have spent more time sweeping my floors, vacuuming my rugs, picking up food items (which were never supposed to leave the kitchen), scraping dishes before they go in the dishwasher (just kidding!!!), and not to mention worrying about food dropped. Before I could just look at it and know that "hoover" would be along shortly to rake in the spoils. Albeit I now have more brain space in which my thoughts can get lost now that I don't have to constantly be on guard as to where Tasha is. I do have to say that I discovered the mystery of her incredible weight gain and dislike for her own food. So, thanks to the earthquake knocking all the dust off the ceiling, etc. I now have to wear goo-gone on the bottom of my feet to keep them from sticking to the floors. Where is Tasha now that I REALLY do need her????

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is SO stinkin' true. I was at someone's house once and was eating dinner. Dropped something on the floor and didn't think about the fact that they didn't have a dog. The hostess gave me a funny look like, "aren't you going to pick that up"? I sheepishly picked it up and then went and hid in a corner and picked my toes.....