Thursday, December 17, 2009

Trying to be thankful

I read my sister's blog and my heart went out to her. I am healthy. I am strong. I can run. I can get up and move around without pain. I can cook and clean for my family. I can get out of bed in the morning and help my children get ready for school. I can send my children to school and be fairly confident they will return home to me without too many events in the afternoon. I can go to bed at night without wondering if I will be able to do it again tomorrow.

Wow, how easy it is for me to complain about having a headache or a little extra weight, the weather not being to my liking so I don't exercise, feelings of complacency and not getting things done, wishing the school day was longer, staying up too late and feeling lousy the next day . . . and I could go on and on.

How many times do I find myself wallowing in self-pity? Just spend a little time in someone else's shoes. I think Michael J. Fox made the comment, when asked if he could trade his trials for another's, if he put his trials on the table with everyone else's -- he'd pick his own after all.

I love my sister and she is a shining example of strength, perseverance, faith, endurance, service, and love to only name a few. Wish I could be there to give her a hug.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love you too! And I am SO grateful you are my sister. I have so much to be grateful for. When the dust settles on days like yesterday I am amazed at how the Lord blesses. When I look back and see the miracles that take place. Truly amazing.

One of the miracles and blessings He put into place long ago was my family. I don't know what I would do without all of your love and support.

Get your dang phone fixed!!!! :p