Friday, November 20, 2009

Pathetic . . . but he's so precious!!!




It's pouring, cold, windy, and very wet. Is it my fault dogs were made to go the bathroom outside??? They eat, they sleep, they poop. It's the way of life, honey. So get your behind out there and do your business.

I'm so cold hearted. If he eats my food he has to abide by my rules!!! If I give an inch, he'll think he's kingpin and I lose. Can I help it if he isn't tall enough to clear the grass? Suck it up, mongrel, there is no sympathy here.

And here I am sitting in pants that are wet from the knees down, shoes that squeak when I walk, and frozen fingers. Why you ask? Well, someone has to hold the umbrella for the little darling while he sniffs around for the perfect spot; checks the direction of the wind; listens for pending danger; turns his sad, questioning, brown eyes on me; does his business; then sits up against my leg until I pick him up to come back in the house.

Someone find me a rod to put in against my backbone. It's feeling a little squishy!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

An UMBRELLA????

You are such a softy. What has happened to you?

Cindy Jacobson said...

Hee hee, I guess all dogs are alike. I give Jake a little kick on the bottom and shut the door behind him. He just sits there and waits for me to come with him. I'll go as far as the front step, but he's on his own from there. I don't feel guilty though. I'm the one who picks up after him when we go for our walk.