Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Where's my Advil???

Okay, so Saturday evening we went and played volleyball with some other couples in our ward. Lotsa fun, lotsa bruises, but wait . . . . Who are these youngsters? When did I graduate from "Beehive Bonus" to "Granny Give Back"?

So here I was laughing it up when I popped a serve into the net. No biggie, I was in good company. But, the kicker was when they bounced the ball back to me and told me that at my age I could try again. AT MY AGE?????? What in the blankety-blank were they talking about? I was hopping right along with the rest. For once I was definitely not the weak one on the court. How could they say such a thing? Who did they think they were? The audacity that they would even suggest I have advanced at all in age?

Then . . . . reality check!!!! I stopped for a split second and . . . WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN? I was the oldest one there. Who stole the clock?

Hmmmph. I am NOT going down without a fight. Bring it on world!!! Look inside me -- I'm still young. I've still got it goin' on!!!

AAAAGGGGHHHH . . . . gotta take a break. Gotta finger cramp and I can't remember what this was all about. Oh yeah, I'm still young . . . . Oh forget it, I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

LOL! I am finding this hysterical because boy can I relate.

"Sucks to be youuuuuu"! And me.......sigh......

Christensen's said...

You are too funny!