Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lightening -- the true purpose

I have geniuses living in my house. Our conversations revolve around such deep subjects as the reason those "air men" that are outside car dealerships have to have the air blown into them all the time so they won't deflate, why it would be better to have a snake instead of a turtle, the mechanics of a mechanical pencil and the logic behind it being better than the ones that need to be sharpened, and other mind blowing subjects like how the booger got on the door.

Yet, it never ceases to amaze me how these little minds work and the logic that is used to explain phenomenons that don't seem to serve any purpose. The other day I was driving with McCade and there was a plume of smoke from a fire in front of us. We were discussing how the fire got started. McCade, with all the wisdom of a 4 year old, said, "It was caused by lightening."

"Really," I replied.

"Yes. And did you know why we have lightening? It is because Heavenly Father is cleaning up."

And, there you have it. A true mark of brilliance.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Brian says, "I hope He never cleans me up". :o)

Brilliant. I love it!

Love your play on words with "mind blowing" and talking about boogers. Don't think that one went missed. Brilliant mom's make brilliant kids....well...dad's too I guess....... :o)