Sunday, August 16, 2009

It's a bummer

I'm having the time of my life. When school starts all fun ends at my house. The kids don't get to watch TV, play computer games, nintendo, etc., etc. Friday evening they are allowed to watch a movie and usually Saturday mornings they get to watch cartoons.

Life has ended as they know it. They are searching through movies and making a list of allowable titles. See . . . . I put a new stipulation on their viewing pleasures. The movie has to be rated "G". Are you kidding me???? There is nothing to watch!!! We are going to be soooo bored.

I told them they could watch HGTV, cartoons,food channel or the travel channel, Discovery channel, or PBS. Of course they are restricted by the "G" rating. How could you do this to us??? What are we going to do??? PBS -- those are baby shows!!! None of the cartoons are rated "G". This is so unfair!!! Can you just hear it?

Well, we had a discussion on free agency. They can choose their actions, but they can't always choose the consequences. I'm the boss . . . . I get to choose the consequences. You fight . . . . you lose!!! I love being in charge!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

When I took Brennan to school this morning he let out a big sigh and said, "Summer's over........." :)

All of the electronics have been put away here too. Oh what are we going to do????? HOWL.....