Thursday, August 20, 2009

Brag, brag, brag . . . .

Soccer season is upon us with a vengeance. Our only players this year are Shania, Morgan & McCade. McCade is a no-brainer on the field. He is practically bigger than all the other team mates. He loves to run and for a 5 yr. old he is quite an athletic, if I do say so myself. And I do!!!

Morgan is our surprise. She flits around the field and you never know if she is dancing, running, or flying. But, she is the top scorer in her age group. She just gets in there whenever she gets tired of watching the other players fumble around with the ball and she takes it, runs it the field, and scores.

Shania LOVES soccer. Her improvement over the last couple of years has been fun to watch. She is really excited this year because . . . . she was put in as the first team captain -- there are three captains and she is the leading captain. We are so proud of her. She has worked hard for this. The coach talked to me this evening and he couldn't say enough about her. He has been her coach for the past 4-5 seasons and has helped her along the way.

I'm not living vicariously or anything . . . ., but it does me good to watch my kids succeed -- no matter how big or small the achievement.

2 comments:

Sarah Tolman said...

Whahoo Shania!!!!!! Your auntie is SO proud of you!!

Rachel said...

I'm cracking up at the image of Morgan. I can totally picture her. As for Micky.......not surprised. :)

Shania! You TOTALLY ROCK!

What an awesome family.