Sunday, May 2, 2010

I ran away!!

Now, I can't say that my destination was paradise, but then again, being alone sure helps.

I called my prince charming yesterday afternoon and told him I was renting a hotel and running away.  My kids were asking, "Why, Mom?"  I squeazed each of their little faces and said, "You are one of the six reasons I'm going."

I wish I could say I did incredible things, but I painted my nails, slept, read a little, slept, took a drink of water, slept.  You see the pattern.

I came home this morning to a nice clean house.  Prince Charming definitely knows what I need.

I do feel bad for him though.  Can you imagine being called at work and told your spouse is "running away" for the day?  Poor guy probably thought I was going off the deep end and not coming back.  Well, I did go off the deep end, but I went with a life perserver attached to the bank.  Can't get too far!

For the record, I love my family, I love my kids, I love my husband . . . . Sometimes I just have to take a breath.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Well heck ya you love em. That is why you left them. Why you didn't leave them for a bit longer and head a tidge further north is beyond me. I guess you can only love them so much. ;)

Sarah Tolman said...

Nice! Next time I want to come.

Christensen's said...

Good for you! All Moms need that once in awhile.