Friday, May 1, 2009

Demons out!!!





Gremlins came to visit and reeked havoc on my piano. A couple of weeks ago I was playing and two keys in the middle of the piano were sticking together and playing at the same time. An irritation, but livable. If you pounded hard enough, they would un-stick for a couple of measures and you could keep playing.

Yesterday, I sat down those two keys weren't sticking anymore, but further up the piano about five were. What in the world? I thought I was going crazy.

The piano tuner came today and my gremlins have been discovered. Bless my pointed, little children's hearts. They were shoving pencils down into the mechanisms. Major sighs of relief. Now I have to think of REAL good punishment -- 50 lashes with a wet noodle.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You should have seen the huge pile that my tuner pulled out of my piano last month. The sad thing is he pulls out a pile like that every year! Pencils, paper clips, money, bird seed, candy wrappers, sewing needles.....where does all this stuff come from????