Sunday, April 26, 2009

Writing for the sake of writing -- nothing to say!!!

Ever sit down to your computer and that little voice in the back of your head tells you that you should be writing something interesting, there has to be something worth talking about, how boring can your life be, journals -- what are they for again, and who cares anyway. Well, that is me. I looked at all those cute blog designs and figured that if I changed my blog design then at least I'm exerting some effort.

Then I saw that you could print out your blog in journal fashion and I thought how pathetic life can be sometimes.

Then that little voice inside of me slaps me across the face and repeats some of the things I heard at Women's Conference a couple of weekends ago. "Aren't you glad Heavenly Father doesn't get tired of making one more daisy?" "Aren't you glad Jesus Christ didn't get tired and complain about one more healing?" Set priorities, do those NEEDFUL things and not necessarily those things you think you SHOULD be doing. OOOHHHH, I need to repent.

So, I have decided that I will look for at least one thing of beauty each day and point it out to my kids. Heaven knows I spend enough time in the car there has to be something beautiful out there. At which point Karsten pointed at himself and said how much further do I have to look???? He has a good point. Hopefully if he combs his hair just right he can cover it. Kidding aside. The beauty is right in front of me and sometimes I look over the fence to see what is growing over there.

Don't try and outrun the spirit. And, move forward by slowing down. In Doctrine & Covenants 109, this section is the dedicatory prayer to the Kirtland Temple and a great section in learning how to pattern our homes after the temple. It emphasizes the need to organize, prepare and establish. I spend a lot of time establishing and not enough time organizing and preparing.

Repent, repent, repent. Wow, I'm thankful for another day.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Yes, repent repent. Okay. I'm repenting. You are absolutely right. I love your thoughts here today and the quotes you quoted. Laws do I ever need to be more grateful.

Life is beautiful and amazing no matter what circumstances we are in. We have a body do we not? What more could we ask for? We are here on this earth with a body.

So, for today. The thing that I am grateful for is two legs that carry me through out my day.

Sarah Tolman said...

Libraries. That's what I'm thankful for today. After being thrust into the homeschooling world again (sigh) I am thankful for libraries. Thank goodness there are other people out there that know a whole lot more than me. Oh! And did you know there is something called an interlibrary loan? That means you can get books from anywhere in the USA! Now that is cool.

cicero19 said...

If I want to see something beautiful each day, all I have to do is look inside my mind -- there I see all my children, grandchildren and now greatgrandchildren. Life is indeed beautiful. Love, M.

K said...

I'm Rachel's buddy. She sent me here. My best mornings are the ones when I wake up saying "Thank you." It happens more than I think it would - and it's usually for really banal stuff, like "Thank you for the toilet." Someone said to me once, what if the Lord just one day took away everything you'd never thanked him for? It's not like I wake up pious. It's like I wake up in the middle of a conversation - odd, huh?